Follow Us On
Follow By Email
Blogtrottr

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Emptying The Engine Bay (The Continuing Saga)

The new windshield washer reservoir arrived today! Below are two pictures of the new reservoir next to the original. The design for the reservoir changed in 1986/1987 and this design superseded the previous models.




I tested the reservoir for fit and it fits perfectly. The original cap fits as well, and just needs to be cleaned up a bit. Nice and white!


I disconnected one of the coolant hoses from the engine to get it out of the way because I wanted to remove the coupled a/c hose assembly.


Next I removed the Air Cleaner Assembly. I had to disconnect the hose at the top right hand corner of the assembly.


Then I disconnected the hose attached to the bottom of the air cleaner assembly before removing the assembly from the bay.


I decided to remove the coupled a/c hose assembly next.



To remove the coupled a/c hose assembly I started by disconnecting the hose assembly at the accumulator.


Then I disconnected the hose assembly at the condenser.


Finally I disconnected the hose assembly at the rear of the compressor head.


The last thing I did was disconnect the wire harness from the compressor head.


No comments:

Post a Comment