Follow Us On
Follow By Email
Blogtrottr

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fixing The Front Bumper (Again) And Applying (More) Sound Deadening

When we mounted the front bumper, we used fender washers to replace the brackets that spanned between each bolt pair. Unfortunately the fender washers, because they are thin, bent and/or cracked when the bolts were tightened down.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Gps--qtUz6WJzgmGggow1MkuDAj8hnRENu4hGToBb-zE=w1597-h899-no

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Finishing The Heater Box And Blower Housing

This morning we went to Menards to get the hardware I needed to finish the heater box and blower housing. Because the receiving nut stripped out, I needed to create a stud in the blower housing that would reach through the firewall so that I could secure the heater box with a nut and washer from the inside.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Zs7XAs160p58Evie6Wu_xmsPBVgJjZYT9VZLlDD2E-sw=w1679-h945-no

Friday, May 29, 2015

To Screw Or Not To Screw...

After work today I got out all the parts bins and went through each bag one by one looking for the four screws for the air inlet.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wtMVZr_jasHiwiNFsFskWbXQTrhZfw6U__TULzMgqoRW=w1679-h945-no

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

I started this morning by cleaning the air inlet. The air inlet goes directly behind the blower motor on the interior side of the firewall. I had forgotten about this piece when I cleaned the rest of the heater box. Here are some pictures for reference.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DL_sbtjk44A/VWOYhx8BV0I/AAAAAAAA-IA/ShtSAXYSpQU/w1520-h855-no/IMG_20150525_112524611.jpg

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Finishing The Sound Deadening

This morning we made a quick trip to Menards and then got started on the sound deadening. The first thing I did was get KITT's interior plastics down. We decided to put the plastics in KITT to see the exact area they will cover, and then sound deaden everything not covered by plastics. It is our intention right now to cover all the backs of the plastics with Ensolite prior to installation. This should achieve the same sound deadening as applying it directly to the RAAMmat BXT II. If that ends up not being the case, we can always still apply it to the areas behind the plastics.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-fTklCUypQcQ/VWJ0Iz7ebKI/AAAAAAAA95Y/ZL25a-bmzK8/w1520-h855-no/IMG_20150524_125859788.jpg

Saturday, May 23, 2015

A Little Bit Of Engine Bay And A Lot Of Sound Deadening

This morning we pushed KITT to the end of the garage so we could clean the engine bay without getting water all over the garage.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7nr0ZyLLGF4/VWC2hyOyuLI/AAAAAAAA9MI/2zk6-mDc5Lw/w1520-h855-no/IMG_20150523_105300091.jpg

Friday, May 22, 2015

Heater Box Cleaning, Part 2

The parts I ordered for the heater box and blower housing arrived this week. I needed to compare them to make sure everything looked right. Here are pictures of new versus old.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-CcM5tgHmCrI/VV6RVD9kIiI/AAAAAAAA8n8/d_gs86gl42A/w1520-h855-no/IMG_20150519_202220886.jpg

Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Picture From The Past

One of my coworkers brought me this picture from a car show he had attended in the 90s. He had the opportunity to see a screen used KITT. He said I could have the picture, so I hung it up in my office. Thanks Gary!

Heater Box Cleaning, Part 1

On Saturday afternoon, Sara attended a bridal shower, and I tackled dismantling and cleaning the heater box. One of the things I have discovered while looking back through my blog for reference pictures is that I did not take enough pictures. I have had trouble finding pictures of certain parts, fitment, sides, angles, etc. I have decided I cannot take too many pictures of this project, hence all the pictures of the heater box in this post.

This is all four sides of the heater box before I got started Saturday afternoon.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-V_wRlrVJUu8/VVj_6IBgDJI/AAAAAAAA8QY/kyfBcgUfTwo/w1438-h809-no/IMG_20150516_115359331.jpg

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Return To Fenderland

Today we mounted the fenders! Up until now they have just been hanging on the frame of the car. First we located all the hardware for the fenders.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-aNOdR98q3_s/VU_l3LYr-jI/AAAAAAAA70M/k_Tg9TFKPRk/w1520-h855-no/IMG_20150510_114510918.jpg

A Tale Of Two Bumpers

Sara and I spent Saturday mounting the front and rear bumpers back on KITT. I really do not need them on the car yet, but I also really do not need them off the car any longer. Plus, it will be nice not to have to store them any more.

Sara and I started by cleaning the nuts and washers for the front bumper. This is a fused nut and washer combo where the washer is allowed to freely spin.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yHF-ZHINEUQ/VU68yTnsViI/AAAAAAAA7dM/DIQZB_f-A_g/w1520-h855-no/IMG_20150506_192458486.jpg

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fog Light Pods, Part 2

This week I finished cleaning the rock shield for the steering shaft.

Here is a before picture of the rock shield covered in dirt and grease:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RERI6nvj-cU/VU68yfcDjQI/AAAAAAAA7cw/Xc3YQmYyLdE/w1520-h855-no/IMG_20150502_114336827.jpg